The Urban Forest Cloud is an online tree data collection and management tool developed by PHS for its various planting and urban forestry programs (i.e. Tree Tenders, TreeVitalize Watersheds). PHS staff and Tree Tenders use the Cloud tool to input, update and map tree data.
Eligible individuals and organizations can apply for trees or grants through the tool as well.
How to Use the Urban Forest Cloud
The Urban Forest Cloud can be used on desktop and mobile devices (phones, iPads and tablets) that have connection to the internet. It is recommended that you use Google Chrome as your browser.
Help & Tutorials
To add and edit tree data, you must have an account and be affiliated with a PHS Tree Tenders or TreeVitalize Watersheds group.
Register a Cloud Account
Apply for Trees
- Request a Street Tree in Philadelphia through TreeVitalize/Tree Tenders (no account required)
- TreeVitalize Watersheds Grant (account required)
Tree Tenders & Tree Checkers
- User Guide for Tree Tenders Group Admins (pdf)
- Tree Checkers Cloud user cheat sheet
- Tree Checkers Basic User Guide and Common Problems
Video Tutorials (note videos have not been updated since 2016)
- Navigating the map
- Adding tree points
- Moving tree points
- Updating tree information
- Filtering tree data (Tree Checkers)
- Clear internet browser cache
- Register an account
Dana Dentice, PHS